Raleigh, NC – The NC House Republican Caucus today unanimously re-elected Representative John Bell (R - Greene, Johnston and Wayne) as their Majority Leader for the 2021-2022 legislative session. He was first elected to the position in 2016.
“It is truly an honor to have once again earned the support and trust of my Republican colleagues to continue serving as their House Majority Leader,” said Bell. “I couldn’t be more proud of the tremendous amount of work that each one of our candidates put in this election cycle to not only keep control of the NC House, but expand our majority for the first time since 2012. Going forward, we are now positioned to build on the past decade of successful conservative reforms, and continue making North Carolina a better place for all."
The House Republican Majority also elected the following leaders:
- Speaker of the House - Rep. Tim Moore (R-Cleveland)
- Pro Tempore - Rep. Sarah Stevens (R-Surry)
- House Majority Leader - Rep. John Bell (R-Wayne)
- Deputy Majority Leader - Rep. Brenden Jones (R-Columbus)
- Conference Leader - Rep. John Szoka (R-Cumberland)
- Majority Whip - Rep. Jon Hardister (R-Guilford)
- Joint Conference Leader - Rep. Pat Hurley (R-Randolph)